General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. No way to get general help

I have an error message pop-up regularly but cannot find anywhere to ask why or how to correct it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add an option to have the Google search on the Dashboard open in a new browser tab, or just go to Google within the same tab.

Not crazy about how using the search opens a new dashboard tab. Would much prefer it to open a new browser tab when I search, or just go to directly to Google's search page. Please add this option! Thank you.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create an editable stock portfolio widget for multiple markets.

Create a stock portfolio, for multiple markets, that users can edit and add the quantities of stocks they have so can instantly see how there investments are doing. As was used in iGoogle here https://sites.google.com/site/cnybroe/iGoogleStockGadget

Many people are currently looking to move from iGoogle now it's shutting down and there are a lot of people looking at either NetVibes or IGHome but neither has a good stock portfolio gadget.

I personally would be very grateful if you had one as this is probably the main reason for me using this browser type dashboard and I've seen many more users looking…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update Google News Widget

Your Google News widget works the way the old Google News widget worked - as one of many that migrated over from iGoogle, please update the widget so we can use its functions like we did in iGoogle (customize the tabs w/in the widget, select which tabs to show, etc.). The way it works now, it only seems to show 4 of what it says should be 8 available tabs . . . and there is no ability to create custom tabs like we could in iGoogle's version of the widget. . . .

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TWiT RSS feed is not updating

The podcast feed for all TWiT podcasts is not updating. It seems to be stuck with information from over a month ago. http://feeds.twit.tv/brickhouse.xml However, the information you're showing is not even in the feed. It's like you've got it cached. When loading the small video feed, it works fine and isn't (currently) cached. http://feeds.twit.tv/brickhouse_video_small.xml

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some RSS Feeds don't work

Hello,

some RSS Feeds don't work in netvibes. F.e.: http://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/rss.xml

Please fix it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New widget setting: "Display widget icon only"

Clicking on the icon would open the source page. This would allow users to create a launch page or their favorite sites in NetVibes. You can kind of do this by hiding the feed items and clicking on the feed titles, but it's not attractive and hard on the eyes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. wallpapers

I was on igoogle page and i could choose different backgrounds. It should fun to have them on netvibes (I am a new user and apparently your site is the best to replace Igoogle

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pager position "none", "title", "edges"

The older/newer Pager Position at top or bottom take up too much screen real estate. Consider providing Pager Position "none" for no pager or "title" to put little left right arrow (e.g <- ->) in the title bar or "edges" for tall thin arrows that only show up on hover near left or rigth edges, or something similar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default widget/reader between tabs

I think I should be able to set my 'feeds' tab into default 'reader' view, while having my other tab be in default 'widgets' view, like i google, so that when I switch back and forth between the tabs I don't have to reset the 'widgets' and 'reader' view to the way I like them for each respective tab. If that's currently possible, I don't know how to do it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to clear cache from user profile.

On day one I've seen a broken cache issue on the Tech tab of the BBC widget - clearing the cache doesn't seem to help, however it would be better if I didn't have to did through a FAQ to find out how to do something that it looked like 70% of all issue fixes rely on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use standard Google output

When searching with Google, use, as result, the same page/layout of google itself, instead than a customized one.
    The "Image" section, for example, in NetVibes is limitated to a single row of images, while Google one has pages and pages of images.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add Right-TO-Left (RTL) Languages support

this app is great but does not support RTL Languages such as Farsi (Persian), Arabic,... well. please add RTL language support to it.
    There is a 'language detect' API written by Google which is used in all Google products (Gmail,
    Translate, and also Reader). It can force the directionality of a text box based on the detected language
    of the content: http://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/#language_detect
    also In RSS feeds you can Lookup the "language" node of the feed and it is considered as RTL if it starts with ar, fa, ur, ps, syr, dv, he or yi.
    To display text in right to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. let me click on the link for reddit imges in the gadget. Just not the discussion link.

only the sub reddit gadget lets you click on the link to see the image. it would be nice to click on the image first then if you want to read the discussion go to that. I would like the ability to click on whatever i want as of now you seem to disable that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find widgets that actually work.

Because a good number oif the ones you have don't seem to. Waste of precious time.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. a Widget for Netatmo weather station would be great

The netatmo weather station offers an API to connect it to other services. Would be great if I could see my weather data in netvibes.
    http://dev.netatmo.com/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow people to choose their region and country rather than forcing

I was traveling internationally and had some time to kill. With iGoogle coming to an end, I used the opportunity to sign up. Unfortunately, you forced me to be European, and I cannot find a way to switch to USA. There are LOTS of people around the world that want to have their homepage be their country of origin and not where they are physically located at the moment. Please make this allowance or at least make it user friendly enough...can't find it...about to delete my account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WAP was brilliant - fast and minimalist. Please bring it back

The WAP site was my favourite portal to netvibes. It was fast and minimalist. Rich in information. it worked great on poor mobile signals. please bring it back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would like a way to report errors with widgets.

The moon phase widget does not work, but I don't see any way to report such things to anyone.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base