I suggest you ...

Logging problem

Netvibes is the only page which can't remember my password even if I check "remember my password" as well as set options described in "Be automatically signed each time I access my page" for IE 11 or Edge. It works in the same way with Fire Fox.
Strange thing it sometimes remember the password and log in instantly but 8/10 I have to put it by hand.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jkmroczek shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ron commented  · 

Using Firefox: this worked for me. Open homepage, log in. Copy the homepage address listed in the browser bar. Open "tools", "options", "privacy", then under history make sure "accept cookies from sites is checked", click on box "Exceptions"; under "Address For Website" past the address of the homepage you copied. Click on "allow", then save. Close Options, then close browser. Reopen browser, login in again, click on "remember" then close browser again. Now when you open browser it should open directly to your homepage without having to log in each time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Likewise! Netvibes is not much use as a Homepage if it cannot remain logged in from session to session. I came here on the demise of iGoogle, and it was really good for a few years, but it has gotten worse and worse, to the point now, where I have to type in my username and password every time I start my browser, even thought I always check "remember".

I have never seen anyone from Netvibes fronting up and addressing this issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Looking for a new aggregator as this just sucks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Long time problem. I think they never resolve it, so you can remember they have a paid version too (wich i WILL NEVER BUY because this lack of user support),
        Moving to tt-rss.org, seems better!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seems to be done to force us to read the adverts and consider paying for a commercial license. I would happily pay a small amount to stay logged-in.

• Anon commented  · 

Yup have the same problem, even with different browsers/computers.

• Peter Naughton commented  · 

Agreed. I never had a problem with this until maybe just a few months ago. When I first started with Netvibes, I rarely had to login again. Recently, it seems rare that I *don't* have to login. They must have drastically reduced the lifespan of their login cookies or something.

It's become such a pain in the neck (or I've become so lazy) that, if I go to Netvibes and it asks me to login, I'll usually just say "forget it" and go elsewhere, rather than logging in. Basically I'm only using Netvibes as an RSS feed reader (since iGoogle and Google Reader were discontinued) so it's not like I have any "sensitive data" on Netvibes. I don't see why I have to login more often than I have to login to my Gmail account, which is much more sensitive.

Maybe it's time to find another RSS feed reader option.

PS - Only 5 votes for the original post? (And 3 of them were from me.) Every single one of the rest of you who commented should also vote this post up so it's more likely to be noticed.

• Paul commented  · 

Same, every time I boot up, have to re-enter everything.

Morons. Time to find a new home page, these people don't car, don't care if we leave either.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Time for a new "Dashboard of Things."

• Sean commented  · 

Same here

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same, won't keep me logged in.

• tkj commented  · 

Same here

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same with me.

These people don't care, hell, they never respond to anything in this forum.

Feedback and Knowledge Base