I suggest you ...

Upgrade App View from 12/19/16 DOWNGRADE--It's HORRIBLE, UGLY & DIFFICULT TO READ

NV no longer user friendly to basic patrons.

# of settings gone, replaced w/ lists that don't even provide a FULL headline.

Bad options of huge font wasting space where 2nd line is repeatative of headline (really?!) leaving no room for articles to scan which is the point of an rss feed dashboard to scan at glance in the first place...OR

short/med/tall lists of articles w/ boring small, gray-hard-to-read font that is redundant in design for all apps--AGAIN THE LISTED ARTICLES HEADLINES ARE CUT OFFw/ a column break & date.
which defeats the purpose of glancing/scanning which is the purpose of rss feed widgets/apps, frustrating to read a partial headline w/ the only alternative to open directly to the website to gain the full headline and then determine if to be read or not, and then switch back to the next headline that is cutoff and so the cycle continues on and on--this defeats even having a dashboard app view if it's inept, useless and laborious.

Hovering to get a gist of article content GONE.

Scroll useless--once opened article directly to a website, I can view what's offered there to read--I don't need endless lists of articles I've already read!

App View ruined aesthetically--just lists in squares w/ the only distinction between apps being the heading logo--boring, UGLY, unpleasant and hard to read--annoying w/ the cutoff, yes again!

THIS RELEASED UPDATE IS A GROSSLY STREAMLINED DOWNGRADE TO THE MAX! Seriously Netvibes, YOUR USERS/PATRONS DESERVE MUCH BETTER than this skeletal mess.

Time to find an alternative.

315 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SusanozSusanoz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I've tried protopage, but I can't get it to look the way I want it. It alway shows me pictures next to the headlines, which I don't want.

• Barn NighBarn Nigh commented  · 

Hi,
        nice you state that you won´t stick with the unreadable font colors – but I do not want to read more than just the headline.
        Also I want to set the number of articles I do see in condensed mode per dash – and not be imposed a number by you ..

Only changing colors will not be good enough for me – please bring back the old style completely.
        Changes should always be optional and not imposed – something that MS had do learn the hard way (and still is).

I´m lookging at start.me right now, and must say while not everything is perfect there too, I have a feeling that I can configure it more to my liking than on netvibes currently.

I would never have even looked at other options than netvibes without your change …

Regards – Barn

• Anonymous commented  · 

Protopage has even more UI controls that Netvibes just took away from us. I'm trying it now. Looks like a good replacement.

• S CotesS Cotes commented  · 

Absolute horror of a mess, I'm done with NV.

• Martin BaileyMartin Bailey commented  · 

Since the update: in "Normal" view, the date format is stuck in US-only style. E.g. today's news items are appearing as "12/21/2016" instead of "21/12/2016". I've set up my Language, Local Content and Country up for United Kingdom.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Protopage has even more UI controls that Netvibes just took away from us. I'm trying it now. Looks like a good replacement.

• AnonAnon commented  · 

Agree, using NV since 2006...now looking for an alternative :(

• AnonAnon commented  · 

Unannounced update has made NV too hard to read. I have to go and re-size every feed to be able to read them, and the large font is just bad. Looking for an alternative, but don't have time to recreate all my feeds :( Please switch back to the previous version, which was great!

• FredFred commented  · 

I fully agree with all comments. I've been using Netvibes everyday for 10 years and now I want to leave... sad

• Anonymous commented  · 

Paging has the advantage of a definite list view with a fix number of items that rebuilds on user interaction. This infinite scrolling has not only issues on reloading. It also makes reading difficult since you need to focus an item because scrollbars are pointless with infinite lists. It might be useful when the stream is really 'endless' but for a feed reader you want to access every single item. Please bring back the paging or make it at least optional.

• JoshuaJoshua commented  · 

Also agree with original post.

I don't mind the scroll but the new design is very difficult to read. I also HATE the headlines don't wrap in desktop view. I can't tell what the stories are about

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have to assume that the UI changes were for the sole benefit of the mobile experience, but the Web view is no longer usable for me. I'm over 50 and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Echoing all the above comments about gray fonts, no line breaks and taking away the ability to size the content boxes. I've been a Netvibes user for almost 10 years but if I can't read the application I'll have to find an alternative. Please give users a roll-back option to the old UI.

• PetePete commented  · 

If you developers think the new format is better - why don´t you at least offer an option to keep the old style and let your users choose?

I do not want to read a small part of the first line - I want the headers in readable fashion and nothing else. Been using this for years - no my dashboard is a horrible mess of cluttered letters that I hate to look at.
        Bring back the old style and options please!

Thanks!

PS: I never understand why developers think it is a good idea to impose something on their users (Windows 10 anyone???)

• KimKim commented  · 

For anyone that thinks these people care, good luck with that.

Their parent company is the French software company Dassault Systems, an Enterprise PLM technology company.

They don't care, they know better than their users, just like SAP and Oracle.

• VudoVudo commented  · 

For anyone who has found a suitable alternative, please let us know.

This is a freaking mess, absolutely awful.

• VudoVudo commented  · 

This is just awful, I have tried everything I could think of to find a comfortable UI, from No Squint Plus in Firefox to various css styles.

Virtually every web site I visit regularly has changed UIs this year, made them infinitely worse, sites like Diigo and Comcast, and everything in between.

Please put a damn adult in charge - you idiots in Silicon Valley live in a bubble.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is horrible, I thought this was a bug and will will get fixed soon, but obviously it was intended. Useless for me in this form.

• TomTom commented  · 

Sadly this reminds me of the Yahoo feed reader disaster...major non-customizable usability changes that degraded the experience and caused users to flee in droves. Please rethink these changes or give us more options to change things for the better or you will experience the same thing as Yahoo.

• ÉmileÉmile commented  · 

Compact RSS view with no line wrap ? Come on.... Already looking for an alternative.

Feedback and Knowledge Base