I suggest you ...

Upgrade App View from 12/19/16 DOWNGRADE--It's HORRIBLE, UGLY & DIFFICULT TO READ

NV no longer user friendly to basic patrons.

# of settings gone, replaced w/ lists that don't even provide a FULL headline.

Bad options of huge font wasting space where 2nd line is repeatative of headline (really?!) leaving no room for articles to scan which is the point of an rss feed dashboard to scan at glance in the first place...OR

short/med/tall lists of articles w/ boring small, gray-hard-to-read font that is redundant in design for all apps--AGAIN THE LISTED ARTICLES HEADLINES ARE CUT OFFw/ a column break & date.
which defeats the purpose of glancing/scanning which is the purpose of rss feed widgets/apps, frustrating to read a partial headline w/ the only alternative to open directly to the website to gain the full headline and then determine if to be read or not, and then switch back to the next headline that is cutoff and so the cycle continues on and on--this defeats even having a dashboard app view if it's inept, useless and laborious.

Hovering to get a gist of article content GONE.

Scroll useless--once opened article directly to a website, I can view what's offered there to read--I don't need endless lists of articles I've already read!

App View ruined aesthetically--just lists in squares w/ the only distinction between apps being the heading logo--boring, UGLY, unpleasant and hard to read--annoying w/ the cutoff, yes again!

THIS RELEASED UPDATE IS A GROSSLY STREAMLINED DOWNGRADE TO THE MAX! Seriously Netvibes, YOUR USERS/PATRONS DESERVE MUCH BETTER than this skeletal mess.

Time to find an alternative.

312 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SusanozSusanoz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I had been using my own style sheet to get the view just right, but now it’s broken. I’ll try to fix it using the new CSS in the view, but here’s a few suggestions. What was fantastic is now bordering on too painful to use.

I like the Normal view but I do NOT want the thumbnail image. It’s a waste of space and takes up so much room I don’t even see a preview of the text (which is the much more important). I think I know how I can hid them again in my style sheet.

The item preview text is quit long, but at most I get one line of about 10 words. Several headlines wrap to three lines (especially since there’s a thumbnail image). Those long headlines (which are popular) cause all the preview text to be pushed off and hidden from the view. Looking at the HTML the actual preview content is about 350 words. Lots of preview text is available, but hidden on the page. There should be a way to adjust how much of the preview text is available!

Scrolling through the page with the mouse wheel is now difficult. This used to be easy. Now that the reader app modules scroll they capture the mouse wheel. To scroll the page you have to find the very narrow margins between the apps. I’d rather the app modules did NOT scroll. I used to be able to quickly scan my dashboard with the mouse wheel. Now I don’t have an easy way to do this.

Page Up/Down buttons are jarring, since they make the page jump (causing the eye to search around to find were I was before the jump). Arrow Up/Down is also not only jarring, but seems random. Pressing down arrow at the bottom of the page cause the page to scroll to the top? The reader apps are not all of the same length, but the up/down arrows jump to the next reader app in on column. Basically, there’s no longer an easy way to scroll a page of reader apps to scan headlines and previews.

The only way now seem to use the scroll bar (which wasn’t necessary before, and now it’s awkward). I have to take my eyes off the page, look for the scrollbar and grab it with the mouse, to then scroll the page while viewing. When I find something I want to read, move the mouse to that headline then when finished reading that article go back to using the scroll bar. This used to be really simple. Scroll wheel, click. Now it’s a bunch of hand-eye coordinating and extra steps.

I’d rather not have the reader apps scroll. I don’t get any value from that, and this new feature has made scanning for articles much more difficult.

• TomTom commented  · 

The gray is really difficult to read. What were they thinking? Do these guys understand how to do a UI? Gray must be all the fashion. It should be black. It might be time for me to find another site.

• DavidDavid commented  · 

What a mess.

Every UI change I've experienced in the past year have been horrible.

This is what you get when you hire children that are presumed to understand technology.

Morons.

• Andrew RossmannAndrew Rossmann commented  · 

Also, it no longer has the popup with the first few words of the article when you hover your mouse over a title, at least in Condensed mode.

• Andrew RossmannAndrew Rossmann commented  · 

The recent change to the reader app view is horrible. I do not like the 'new' infinite scrolling view. I much prefer limiting it to a fixed number of items per page. It would also be nice if the unread messages were a bit darker. They used to be black. Now I have medium gray versus light gray. That medium gray is very hard to read.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base