I suggest you ...

Restore CTRL+click behavior

A recent change on Netvibes overrides browser ctrl+click behavior, which should open the link in a new tab while keeping focus on the existing page. CTRL+click (in Firefox and Chrome) is fundamental to the way I've used Netvibes for the past seven years as my primary internet dashboard. I read through the feeds on Netvibes, ctrl+click on the links I want to follow, so they open in new tabs but I stay on Netvibes. Then I ctrl+tab through the pages, reading, bookmarking or closing them. This worked until a month or two ago. Now ctrl+click is just the same as a click, opening a new tab and taking me there. Please put it back or offer an alternative key combination to do this.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Doug shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it still doesn't work in my FF 37.0.2
    and I REALLY miss it
    any chances on changing this?

• Susanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work in Chrome - I had it as right-click instead of ctrl-click but yes, as of today, it's broken.

I absolutely cannot use Netvibes without this and will have to find a new RSS reader.

• Itamar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CTRL-click does not work properly from the Apps view on Firefox. Switches context to the new tab rather than staying on Netvibes.
    A fix would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks!

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Likewise, this feature seemed to suddenly stop working for me fairly recently. Chrome 35.0.1916.153 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Cmd-Tab used to open the post in a new tab in the background, but now it just opens the post view within Netvibes (from which I can then Cmd-Tab to a new tab). Kind of a drag. Is there a fix?

• Itamar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Apps view on Chrome and the (essential) CTRL-click behavior stopped working for me as well a couple of days ago.
    Please restore this option!

Feedback and Knowledge Base