I suggest you ...

iGoogle import wizard

Your service is incredibly similar to Google's iGoogle website which is being retired on 1 November 2013. It would be a huge opportunity for netvibes if it offered some sort of iGoogle import wizard that allows users to easily transport their data across. Could you probably do this in one of 2 ways:
1. Use Google APIs to have the users sign in and pull their data across.
2. Direct users to export their data from iGoogle settings (this exports as an XML files) and re-upload this.

I was directed to your site several months ago from another website offering replacement alternatives and I really think if you were to make the transition for people like me as seamless as possible it would represent a win for both users and your business.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Reece shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HBE commented  · 

Totally agree with all comments. In many ways your site is superior in terms of design but the lack of the moon phase and similar apps is problematic. I am also looking at igHome as an alternative. It is less attractive and is too blantant with its ads but it offers a wider range of basic apps that should be availablde on netvibes. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would really appreciate this, too. I am not having any success converting my igoogle .xml file to .opml for Netvibes, so have been manually adding feeds, not fun. Also there are two really wonderful google apps we are really attached to - astroclock and moonphase both from http://www.pala.ch/ - none of the NV apps come close. Wish there was a way to get those two apps into Netvibes...

Feedback and Knowledge Base