I suggest you ...

Font Sizes

Allow users to set Font Sizes for feed entries. (candidate styles: li.item, li.simple-item, or a.main-link)

459 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BJ Safdie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Curtis Allworth commented  · 

This new giant font size is just stupid. I don't need to read it from 10 feet away! Either give me options or return to the previous size before July 2nd.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please return to old font size

• Russ commented  · 

What's with the 1st grade font size.

• exkeks commented  · 

The new font size ist terrible. Could you please make an option in settings to have it the old style?

• Henry commented  · 

I'm now seeing different font sizes in different apps. The Twitter app has them larger than FB app. If you can't make them configurable at least pick a winner and stick to it

• Anonymous commented  · 

I quote the previous comments.

...and should be time to have a mobile app too...

• Duane commented  · 

Whats up with the Fonts as of July 2? They are huge and ugly... I'm on a 1080 display and have to scroll like mad to see the whole page.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Are there any adults in charge anywhere these days?

Whoever chose the new font that surprised me this morning when I opened Netvibes - both type and size - should really be made to stare at a screen for hours on end until their eyes cross.

This is awful.

I know you really don't care about your users, but at least give the appearance you do...

This is unreadable. It's too much of an eye strain. Worst site I go to in terms of readability.

Time to go elsewhere.

• Bit Apull commented  · 

Thanks for finally working on this issue.

• Anonatnight commented  · 

The netvibes team still thinks its 2005.

• michael commented  · 

Come on guys this is getting ridiculous. My eyes just can't cope. On a 1920x1080 screen (which is becoming more the standard) the font size is just TOO SMALL!

6 months later and no response from a netvibes developer to the font size issue. Why bother contributing to this feedback forum anyway?

• Anonymous commented  · 

The new netvibes looks great. I might switch from ighome. But, I need a setting to increase default app font size. A larger Font is critical for me. A nice extra would be to provide a few font options.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  · 

My eyes actually hurt from using this app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I find the default font hard to read do to thickness. Being able to set font style, size, and color for each feed would be great and lessen eye strain.

• A long-time Bloglines user commented  · 

My Bloglines account has suddenly started turned into NetVibes, and while I like most of the changes, the font size is way, way too small.

Looking back at the complaints on this thread, it's absolutely astounding that this has gone unfixed for so long, particularly since the fix is so simple. I was able to increase the font size locally on Chrome by simply opening the Chrome debugger and changing the CSS body font size from 1.1em to 1.5em. Even if you count the UI changes needed to expose this to the user, any developer who has any web experience could knock this change out in a couple of hours; why NetVibes hasn't bothered to fix this despite years of complaints smacks of either arrogance, laziness, or both.

For those of you who are willing take a few seconds at the start of each session, you can change the font size yourself by doing the following:

1. Open NetVibes using Chrome.
        2. Once in NetVibes, right click on any entry in your feed list and select "Inspect element". This will open the Chrome debugger pane at the bottom of the page.
        3. On the right side of the debugger pane, the "Styles" tab should be selected. Scroll down to near the bottom of this pane, where you'll see an entry labeled like this:

body {
        font: 1.1em/1.3em Tahoma,Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,"Bitstream Vera Sans",sans-serif;
        }

4. Change "1.1em" to whatever font size works for you -- I use "1.6em".
        5. Close the debugger pane by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner of the debugger pane.

This simple change makes NetVibes useable. If you aren't a developer, have no fear, this change is NOT permanent -- this affects only the NetVibes tab in your browser window, and it only lasts until the next time you click on the browser's refresh button, so there's no way you can permanently break anything by doing this. (Note that hitting the Refresh icon on the NetVibes screen itself does NOT do a full refresh, so if you don't want to keep resetting the font while you're viewing your feeds, that's the way to go.)

The Stylish Chrome plugin mentioned in an earlier post probably does pretty much the same thing and would make it a semi-permanent change, but I'm leery of adding plugins, particularly since if you go to install this plugin you get a warning that says it can "access your data on all websites". No thanks.

• Ari commented  · 

Not only sizes but also font family please.

The RSS widget font in the default Fedora 20 (2014) installation looks quite bad.

I've been using netvibes on and off since 2006 and one of the first suggestions at the time was to increase the font size. Lo and behold in the year 2014 they still haven't added this feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base