I suggest you ...

What happened to the WAP site?

Attempts to access wap.netvibes.com results in the redirect to the main website. Please testore the WAP.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marco commented  · 

I still have problems accessing mobile.netvibes.com, it does not work with Opera Mini which is the only browser I can use on my Nokia. It returns a blank page. Could you fix it please?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thanks Dom for your input. I have just moved to Protopage.com - I really can't understand why netvibes doesn't keep up the wap page. I don't think it would mean too much work to maintain it.

So it's good-bye for me. And thanks for all the fish.

• Dom commented  · 

Thank you very much for taking the redirect off for alt browsers, but unfortunately Opera Mini doesn't seem to work with mobile.netvibes.com, its just shows a blank page after logging in.

I really appreciate the comments from Netvibes admins, and I understand that this is not the fault of Netvibes as Opera Mini doesn't work with every site. I also understand that Netvibes is a free service for most of us, and you guys have to make business decisions on what browsers to support and what not to support... Thanks again for a great website which I will definitely continue using on my desktop!

• Dom commented  · 

As it looks like there is no WAP site coming back, I've tested using Protopages.com as a workaround. Its not as good as Netvibes on the desktop browser in my opinion but it certainly works on Opera Mini and is a good fall back for mobile devices. Its definitely better if you are running Opera Mini which Netvibes doesn't currently pick up as a mobile device and goes to the unuseable desktop version. Protopages also allows you to import your feeds after exporting the XML from Netvibes although it is a bit painful as you have to do one at a time.... Its not as good on a mobile as the old Netvibes WAP site but it is something.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please fix this problem! Otherwise netvibes is useless for mE (Android, Opera Mini 7.5.3361)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please bring back Wap. It was the quickest lowest overhead way of getting my daily netvibes fix even on a smart phone.

• Dom commented  · 

Is there any way to avoid the redirection/detection? Netvibes used to work brilliantly using the Opera Mini browser on my Blackberry using wap.netvibes.com, but now even when I go to the address is redirects to mobile.netvibes.com where it is unusable on my Blackberry.... I've tried using the stock Blackberry browser but this also redirects when I try and use wap.netvibes.com. Is there something I can add to the URL to stop the redirection?

Feedback and Knowledge Base