I suggest you ...

Create an editable stock portfolio widget for multiple markets.

Create a stock portfolio, for multiple markets, that users can edit and add the quantities of stocks they have so can instantly see how there investments are doing. As was used in iGoogle here https://sites.google.com/site/cnybroe/iGoogleStockGadget

Many people are currently looking to move from iGoogle now it's shutting down and there are a lot of people looking at either NetVibes or IGHome but neither has a good stock portfolio gadget.

I personally would be very grateful if you had one as this is probably the main reason for me using this browser type dashboard and I've seen many more users looking for this widget in various forums.

Regards
Bevan

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bevan Cockerill shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony commented  · 

igoogle had the absolute best stock widget. It is the main reason I didn't leave igoogle for netvibes until the day they shut down igoogle. I don't understand why netvibes can't invest a little time in their own stock chart widget.

• Nat commented  · 

The Netvibes stock portfolio widget has stopped working today.
        It just says "Widget http error".

The stock charts widget stopped working a few weeks ago. It just says "This widget cannot be displayed because of invalid XML syntax."

I am not a programmer. If anyone knows how to fix these please do so.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Me too. I need it back. Thanks.

• Nat commented  · 

The Stock Quote Tracker widget from stockwidgets.net had great graphs and information but it stopped working a few days ago.

Can someone please write another one?

• Bob Hewson commented  · 

I would like to add the S&P Toronto Stock exchange to my home page, does anyone know the code/abreviation to use?

Bob

• Stan commented  · 

I cannot figure out how to add stocks. It is so easy on MYMSN, but they are shutting down Sept 30.14, so I tired this. Perhaps I will write my own app.

• Bevan Cockerill commented  · 

I tend to loose my stocks in the Netvibes current ones but can't work out why so I'm always having to add them back in. This is another reason why a new stock portfolio widget would be great!

I'm going to try Yahoo's as mentioned below.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is it just me, I can't figure out how to save the stocks and info once i enter them in? If i refresh the page, my stock disappear and it goes back to the default look.

• Anonymous commented  · 

agree- main issue is I cannot get DJIA or NASDAQ -- Yahoo's portfolio is OK and shows critical info - but I like NetVibes overall look better

• Anonymous commented  · 

Nice post, Bevan. Second that!

Feedback and Knowledge Base