I suggest you ...

add an option to have the Google search on the Dashboard open in a new browser tab, or just go to Google within the same tab.

Not crazy about how using the search opens a new dashboard tab. Would much prefer it to open a new browser tab when I search, or just go to directly to Google's search page. Please add this option! Thank you.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Philip Cusano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have elected NOT to use netvibes any longer because of this issue (inability to remove google search tabs) and have gone to igoogle portal which is much more accomodating.

• BM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years after the fact ...

Could not agree more. I'm using netvibes very infrequently because of just this quirk. I would far prefer my google search open a new browser tab. We end up there eventually once we find what we're looking for, and we're left with a useless netvibes tab; in my own job, I'm on google constantly, and the cluttered netvibes dashboard drives me crazy.

It's very helpful to have the netvibes search linked to google, so that I can keep all my tasks, etc., in one space, but it seems short-sighted and tedious to keep everything within netvibes.

• Jude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with anonymous, how does one delete multiple google search tabs????

• Kevin F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, I'm not sure what the purpose a new dashboard for a google search is?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been trying to delete the google search tabs that I no longer use but can't find a way to do it. Help please!

Feedback and Knowledge Base