I suggest you ...

add an option to have the Google search on the Dashboard open in a new browser tab, or just go to Google within the same tab.

Not crazy about how using the search opens a new dashboard tab. Would much prefer it to open a new browser tab when I search, or just go to directly to Google's search page. Please add this option! Thank you.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with all the comments below. Will probably not use Netvibes in future.

• Philip Cusano commented  · 

I have elected NOT to use netvibes any longer because of this issue (inability to remove google search tabs) and have gone to igoogle portal which is much more accomodating.

• BM commented  · 

2 years after the fact ...

Could not agree more. I'm using netvibes very infrequently because of just this quirk. I would far prefer my google search open a new browser tab. We end up there eventually once we find what we're looking for, and we're left with a useless netvibes tab; in my own job, I'm on google constantly, and the cluttered netvibes dashboard drives me crazy.

It's very helpful to have the netvibes search linked to google, so that I can keep all my tasks, etc., in one space, but it seems short-sighted and tedious to keep everything within netvibes.

• Jude commented  · 

I'm with anonymous, how does one delete multiple google search tabs????

• Kevin F commented  · 

Same here, I'm not sure what the purpose a new dashboard for a google search is?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've been trying to delete the google search tabs that I no longer use but can't find a way to do it. Help please!

Feedback and Knowledge Base