I suggest you ...

Widget for Google Bookmarks

I'm an iGoogle refugee. I'd like to have a Google Bookmarks widget. google.com/bookmarks

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Silviu Marin-Caea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eclipse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bob, did you find a way to upload your bookmarks from your old browser? I'd love to know I can upload them all in one hit, rather than upload each individual one. I've tried the Netvibes native one, but it didn't seem to want to upload my bookmarks Html file.

• Steve Good commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to recreate my bookmarks from an iGoogle widget manually in Netvibes in an available widget (with Firefox running on Snow Leopard). Everything works well. However, when I loaded my page on my iPad (tried Safari, Mercury and Chrome under iOS 7.0.2), everything appears properly, and my feeds work well...BUT those same links, as entered into the Netvibes bookmark widget, do exactly nothing. I can access them by typing the URLs in the bar, but the links displaying on the page itself are useless. If you really want to help us refugees from iGoogle, fixing this for iPad users would be a good idea.

• Ed Wegorzewski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm debating which igoogle replacement to use. I like Netvibes, except it doesn't have a bookmarks widget whereas other alternatives do. I know there are other ways to achieve soething similar but a simple widget to which I can add or remove to a simple list of bookmarks would make Netvibes my winner.

• Bob Stahley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using something called Segnalibri. You put in the URL, title it, and you're good to go. It keeps track of how many times you use each bookmark, but I ignore that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base