I suggest you ...

Extremely slow feeds

Netvibes is amazing and it has a wide array of features, however, I find it very unappealing that some of my feeds are not updated in real time, some of them take as long as 48 hours to update, this is particularly annoying with high density feeds such as google news for example, if I manually open the feed on the browser, I can see the new content, but often my dashboard will only update once every day, surely this isn't any server restriction from netvibes considering that my twitter, reddit, facebook and gmail apps update in real time, I even tested placing 20 high density twitter apps in my dashboard (from different twitter accounts) and ALL of them update in real time, and we're talking about more than 400 notifications an hour, I did this for an entire week and there was no hindrance or slow down on my twitter apps, so how come all RSS feeds take so long to update, how can I make a custom RSS app that updates in real time?

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tiago shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have RSS feeds - one of which is from a blog I maintain. It has not updates since YESTERDAY (sometime before 3PM eastern time). The feed -which I can see was updated at 8:58 and again at 9:15

Netvibes is a nice system, and I don't expect you to poll all feeds in real-time, but we are close to 24 hours. Even when I refresh the page, it does not update. Even when I close the browser it does not refresh.

I think it is time to start the search for yet another dashboard.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with the facebook widget. Takes a day before the new updates arrive!

Feedback and Knowledge Base