I suggest you ...

Implement a context menu in Reader View in the left pane

I'm thinking of moving on from NetVibes, with the chief reason that the interface is not intuitive (at least for me).

I use reader view.

I would find the interface to be less frustrating if two things happened.

1. If I could click on the link for feed, in the left pane, and have a context menu come up for managing that feed. That menu would have simple, frequent, options, like "mark all read", "unsubscrbe", etc. I know those options exist elsewhere, but I have had to go to the tutorials to find them. No offense, but I think that is a failure of the intuitiveness of the design.

2. Give me an option to make the icons for the widget view disappear. I never want to use it and given the non-intuitive nature of the interface I end up clicking on options for that view when looking for feed options. That is annoying.

3. Provide an obviously place option to mark all feeds as read.

No disrespect intended. I am aware that other people may find this interface intuitive, but I do not. I am posting because I am about to leave Net Vibes and though your staff might be offended, I think it is better to have some feedback as to why, so if you think I have a legitimate point you can do something about it as a result of being aware of it.

Thanks for the freely provided software and your hard work.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon