I suggest you ...

What happened to the interface of the RSS dashboard? It's horrible! Please give an option to change back to old style!

The old style was easy to read, and to understand what each panel did. When I just oppened it, I saw a white panel, like a popup, that I thought was blocking the elements behind it, because everything eles was so dark on the screen. It took me minutes to understand that there was no way to close that white panel, and that I could click on the black area around it, to change from one feed to the other. The old interface was way better.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rodrigo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bee Wilder commented  · 

Completed?? Left for Feedly, came back to see if you fixed anything but now leaving again.

• Emil commented  · 

.... and shortcut "w" did not work already. It did not load website and show white... If use "Wen site view" it works...

Please test your updates before apply them.

• Emil commented  · 

HI,
        You update internal web browser, but when I open from the middle screen feed it did not fill all screen height like previous internal browser. The other minis from previous is that it not fill all weight and have unused white space.

• Emil commented  · 

Shortcut "a" didn't work in this version.

• Emil commented  · 

OK, you mark for COMPLETED, but what is completed? Please write what you think to implement from all ours recommendations.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Completed? With no indication about what will change, stay, or anything like that beyond a mention about wide screens and nothing else committal?

I was going to wait a few weeks to see if NetVibes would listen to users, but if this is "Completed" then so is my time at NetVibes. I understand, though; I use the free version, so why listen to me or other free users?

• johs54 commented  · 

Completed?????????

• Anonymous commented  · 

BazQux reader is very good. Bye Netvibes!

• johs54 commented  · 

Why is it so difficult to recognize that the style change was a mistake? Do not listen to users is another mistake

• Anonymous commented  · 

Goodbye Netvibes and thanks for all the fish. A previous poster suggested theoldreader.com and I've switched to that. Nice and simple, just like Mama used to make.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This new iframe is just focused on 1 group but you can obviously see from the feedback that there are a number of people that like the option of the previous view. I have sent 2 feedbacks and received 0 replies. If no option exists by Friday at 5pm---baby bye bye bye!!

• A commented  · 

Do you guys not UX test things before releasing it to the public? This update has basically rendered your product unusable. I will sit it out for a few more weeks, then I'm out of here.

• JD commented  · 

Nastia,
        To be fair, we did get a response, or rather a "non response", below:

My response?
        Thankful that NetVibes provided a way to download my feeds. I have not found a reader I like as well as the old NetVibes, but several I like better than the new version:
        http://faq.netvibes.com/how_do_i_manage_my_account#how_to_export_an_opml_file

(or google export netvibes opml )

---------------------------------
        Thanks a lot for your feedback, we are looking into ways to enhance the wide screen experience and address the couple of remarks. Stay tuned and thanks again.

Freddy Mini
        Netvibes, CEO
        ------------------------------------

• Nastia commented  · 

1 week of complaining and absolutely no reaction. I think netvibes attitude to users is quite clear. Just use feedly or another alternative and stop spamming.

• Pete Sloman commented  · 

The new layout is absolutely horrible.

Please allow website view to persist across stories and to fill the whole pane again.

• Promentis commented  · 

Yeah, the new layout is less friendly than the old one. I really would like a way to go back.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi Guys, please provide an option for the old version of Netvibes ... I used the previous version to visually scan dozens of RSS feeds and appreciated the consistency of the thumbnail images, which allowed me to understand the new information presented in the image and also hover over it to get the intact headline ... now with images of varying sizes, focus and lack of headline intact, the entire effect has been ruined.

• Jason Weaver commented  · 

Agreed. There's nothing I love more than looking at websites through a little peephole with half a screen of white space around it.

Wondered if it would look better on IE than Firefox or Chrome, but that adds in problems with unicode or something so that all the icons show up as random letters, as well.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base