I suggest you ...

Remember preferences for viewing a feed in Web Site view vs. Netvibes reader view

The old version of the site remembered my preference; now I have to toggle from Reader view to Web Site view on every opened article. Very inefficient.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike Schiller shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon commented  · 

Well as per my previous post they for the most part fixed this issue a few days ago however there's a new problem with the website/reader view. When using either view it puts a thin grey scroll bar on the right side of the page. This is fine for the reader view but a hindrance in website view being website view uses the native scroll bar from the webpage itself and the thin bar Netvibes put in covers most of the native bar. It appears to work normal in Chrome (no extra scroll bar in website view), however the extra bar is there in Firefox, Opera & IE.
        So, much better than it was, just needs a little more clean-up.

• Jon commented  · 

I just commented yesterday on this feature being broken on the update a week or 2 ago and it now appears to be fixed. Nice job guys on getting this back working again. :)

• Jon commented  · 

Add another vote for bringing this feature back ASAP! I use the website view for almost all my feeds & it's very annoying & time consuming to click Web site View for each feed I want to read. I too have been a Netvibes user for many years & can't believe you took this feature out.

• Artiom Chilaru commented  · 

Actually, it's not completed at all! Please reopen this issue.

The new interface completely removed the Web Site View for feeds, so there's no way to see the article page inline!

Please bring this back!

• Linki commented  · 

In addition to that why is the web site view a really tiny window? It used to be big enough to fit to everything, now I have to scroll like crazy.

I've been using Netvibes over years (like six or even more), but this latest update is the biggest fail ever in Netvibes history.

• Artiom Chilaru commented  · 

That is a MUST-HAVE feature for some feeds that have a very "minimal" rss feed, with only a heading and nothing else.. If I want to check that feed, I end up having to open every article in a new tab. Before I could just watch them inline. Please bring this back

Why did you even remove this feature?!

• Vanessa Knight commented  · 

I would also like to see this feature returned

Feedback and Knowledge Base