I suggest you ...

fix issue reader view item list refresh issue described below

When the list of items in a specific category or 'All feeds' auto-refreshes, the item being read currently closes and needs to be reopened.

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vivek PatankarVivek Patankar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LynnLynn commented  · 

My netvibes homepage no longer will show anything but Web. When I click on news, images or anything else, nothing comes up. I have to go to Google to search anything but the web. What is going on?

• rjs0rjs0 commented  · 

netvibes reloads everytime i have to piss...with BPH, this is quite a problem

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Nothing happen!!!
        I read some article and watch video...and "refresh". Four times try to read and watch this article with video and I was forced to go to original site to continue.
        Yeas, I use free Netvibes, but when this function is not like from everyone, it was gone half a year, the task is mark as COMPLETED, but......................

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Some reaction/answear?....
        I'm very disappointed!
        You realy did a great job, the reader is very good and powerfull, but this major problems overshadow the rest

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Please STOP auto refresh!!!!
        Make option to switch ON/OFF it and RETURN OLD METHOD when "Auto Refresh is OFF.
        This topic it NOT COMPLETED and it still refresh my page when I read some feed and clear all feed that are mark as read. Just STOP this function. No body like it!!!

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Merry Christmas,
        I think this issue is NOT "Completed"!!! It is still auto-refresh and sometimes hides an open feed, sometimes just refresh and clear read items. I prefer the old method where it only say "New XX items arrives" and when you mark current list as read then are shown. Can you add option to choose which one everyone prefer.
        I hope this "COMPLETED" just to not updated yet for me:)
        Have a good New Year

• Anonymous commented  · 

Today, every single post in my entire Netvibes just disappeared. Every folder that I have says "No unread items." An hour ago I had hundreds of unread items that I had been saving to read later. Any idea what has happened or how to restore them?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still an issue. Sometimes it doesn't close completely now (although that still happens) but if you've scrolled down in the article it pops it back up to the top. Please make a way to turn off auto-refresh altogether. I'll refresh it myself!

• Giovanni FogliatoGiovanni Fogliato commented  · 

hi,
        I am trying to insert into my feeds a blog search app,
        but the links connecting every single post of the search still don't work.
        Moreover, my public netvibes is not viewable from explorer!.

The prompt is:
        Dettagli errore pagina Web

Agente utente: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
        Timestamp: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:05:39 UTC

Messaggio: 'UWA.Element.addClassName' è nullo o non è un oggetto
        Linea: 4
        Carattere: 23874
        Codice: 0
        URI: http://cdn.netvibes.com/js/c/Netvibes.js?v=1848

Can you please help?
        Thanks, Giovanni

• EmilEmil commented  · 

There is a little improvement, now when I read a feed in "website" mode it is still in focus. BUT I dont want this refresh to load new ones. If I have some feeds and I'm in the then bottom scroll I just mark all "As read" and NEW ones than are arrived meanwhile are also makr "As read". New updete MUST work as before this terrible auto-refresh function!!!

• EmilEmil commented  · 

When you fix this sserious bix, please test and option when mark all feeds "As read". Now when I marked them it marks and feeds that are not loaded yet. This is BIG error.

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Now it seams auto-refresh is stopped, but if I enter in tab with 40 items and read some of them and after a few hours with nothing do on page I mark tab items as read , YOU mark and new one that I did not receive yet.
        Please RETURN old method which only shows that "there is XXX new items..." and after mark current ones as read the new one are shown.
        The old method was the best one and I don't understand WHY YOU change with others that IRRITATE all netvibes users?

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Now it seams auto-refresh is stopped, but if I enter in tab with 40 items and read some of them and after a few hours with nothing do on page I mark tab items as read , YOU mark and new one that I did not receive yet.
        Please RETURN old method which only shows that "there is XXX new items..." and after mark current ones as read the new one are shown.
        The old method was the best one and I don't understand WHY YOU change with others that IRRITATE all netvibes users?

• EmilEmil commented  · 

Hi, are you work under this terrible bug with Auto-refresh?
        This is realy very irritating!!! This topic and other with the same problem was started 2 months ago.
        If you cannot fix this just return old method.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Imagine that you have a list of 100+ articles to read. You start scrolling through them and one catches yout attention. You start reading it and it's a bit long. Suddenly, when you are 2/3 through the article... **autorefresh**.

Now it's gone.

Oh, you can click the "show all items" and try to find it again. But now your list has 200+ items and you don't know approximately where it is.

You still look for it. You find it. You find the place in the article where you left it. You resume your reading.... **autorefresh**!!!!!!

Then you draw your gun and start looking for the person who decided to include this feature in netvibes. With no option to turn it off. And won't remove it.

• EmilEmil commented  · 

NO!!!
        Auto-refresh is STILL WORKING.
        When YOU WILL STOP IT and RETURN old method?

• EmilEmil commented  · 

NO!!!
        Auto-refresh is STILL WORKING.
        When YOU WILL STOP IT and RETURN old method?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This auto-refresh is driving me crazy. I'm really about to quit netvibes because of this. Is there a way of turning it off?

• Andrew RossmannAndrew Rossmann commented  · 

It looks like auto-refresh has been disabled. It's back to the little 'x new messages' showing instead.

• Andrew RossmannAndrew Rossmann commented  · 

It looks like the auto-update has been reverted. I am now getting the little 'x new messages' in the tab instead of it cutting out now.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base