or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Stop fading older links! If you don't I will go to another site!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is happening to me, but it's about 2 days instead of 2 weeks! Does anyone else have this issue?

• Bucimaci commented  · 

Obviously they had performance issues. Advertising this as "this is good for you" just made me even more angry. I understand this is/was a free service, but come on... Most of my "older than 15 days feeds" were the "slowest" subscriptions, meaning that new article was published once a week or so, so this should not cause big impact on the performance. I liked this service but I think I will have to find an alternative at the weekend...

• Yannick commented  · 

Previous comment follow-up: I just realized that clicking the star-icon changes absolutely nothing.
        So there's no alternative.

• Yannick commented  · 

I guess I now have to manually click the star icon on every single item and then manually re-click on the star once read. Please add an option (global or in the feed's parameters) to disable this feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I lost many unread articles I kept for later: the way you dealt with this new "feature" is unacceptable (and the feature itselft is quite dubious).

• Anonymous commented  · 

"This is a new feature meant to declutter your dashboard of outdated articles:"
        Thanks removing one of the most useful elements of your service. I will now find a replacement RSS reader as quickly as possible. In the meantime, is the any way to recover the feeds that you marked read?

• TValoy commented  · 

There should be a feature toggle for this. I do not want this feature. I was perfectly happy with my unread post count.

• P commented  · 

I did what netvibes said: Of course, should you want to keep track of any particular article, you can always save it manually by clicking on its star icon in the reader view.

¡¡¡But after 15 days my articles saved disappeared!!!

¿What can we do to save articles?

I´m going to change to another reader feeds.

• Anonymous commented  · 

happened again :( :( :(

understand the problem for sites with a lot of feeds
        but very annoying for the other sites (mainly blogs)
        and may be a message before doing this would be appreciable ...

• AdminNetvibes (Netvibes, Netvibes) commented  · 

This is a new feature meant to declutter your dashboard of outdated articles: Instead of having Unread articles piling up, we now automatically mark as read all articles unread after 15 days.
        And since we are now able to store more articles than ever thanks to AutoSave, this change had become necessary to avoid any further overwhelming effect.
        Of course, should you want to keep track of any particular article, you can always save it manually by clicking on its star icon in the reader view.

• Ling commented  · 

This is very bad problem. I have many many important items become "read"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        What should I do?
        What kind of reader service ?
        Can anyone help to get them back?

• Brian commented  · 

I found out what was causing our problems. Netvibes added a new feature to prevent the number of articles in your dashboard from becoming overwhelming. This appears to be a feature that cannot be turned off. This is enough for me to find a replacement service.
        I don't know how to link this but you can copy and past the web address below for a knowledge base article describing this new feature.

http://faq.netvibes.com/knowledgebase/articles/421764-why-are-some-articles-automatically-marked-as-read

• Brian commented  · 

It just happened to me too. In my feeds, everything posted before september 5th was automatically marked as read and cannot be marked as unread. I used netvibes because it can keep a long history on my webcomic feeds. I now have more than a hundred webcomics with no idea what I have and haven't read. I really regret not making consistent backups of my feeds.
        Is this a new limitation for non-VIP members? Is it just a bug that now cost me tons of time to catch up on my webcomics? Do I need to find another RSS reader to use instead?
        If it is just a bug, is it possible to reset my account back a couple weeks without a backup? That would be a lot easier than reading every webcomic I follow just to find out where I was.

• Anonymous commented  · 

the same ! and worst, the toggle read/unread disappeared from all the old feeds

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm having the same problem; would have liked a warning or a way to opt in/out of this change.

• Ben commented  · 

Me too. I have many old feeds that I was working through slowly. The fact that some items were unread was useful information, but now without warning that information is gone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base