I suggest you ...

'There is no news in this feed' error message

For about two weeks, I see a 'There is no news in this feed' error message in quite a few of my feeds. I thought this might change after the server update but it is still there. When I check the feeds manually, I can see that there are still items in the feed so I don't understand why the message occurs. I am using Chrome version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit). Can you help fix this error?

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Is there anybody @netvibes reading that topic or monitoring their system?
        2 days without ANY feed
        Boring!

• ken commented  · 

same problrm

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same here for 3 days!
        Did anyone find a solution?

• Anonymous commented  · 

All look to work fine since yesterday, thx! I got the items even for feeds that previously said 'empty'

• Anonymous commented  · 

@A: thx for the workound! Using "Show all items" indeed does show the missing items for the few sites that I have problems with.

• Charlie Loves Cooking commented  · 

did anyone decide to use another reader instead of netvibes ? could you recommend a new rss reader ? thx

• Paul commented  · 

Apparently they simply don't care much anymore - time to find a new homepage.

Getting sick of bad sites sites and the even worse development teams that are completely full of hubris. if you want to be in the on-line business, support the business model, if not, get out of the business.

They all think they are immune to market forces and bad P.R. - we'll see...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same here. Also very slow loading sometimes. Why are you breaking things what worked just fine before!!!???

• A commented  · 

Same problem here, I only get this problem with the Hacker News feed: https://news.ycombinator.com/rss

They show up if I "show all items", and if I toggle one as unread, but it goes back to unread after I reload the page. This has been happening for the last few weeks and I still do not see any new articles unless I show all items.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have about 10% of my feeds still showing the message. I have to use another reader to see the new posts in them, which is a shame, I really like Netvibes :(.
        @netvibes: any news on this?

• Rachel commented  · 

I have also been getting the message "Looks like no new articles have been published in the last few months. Please wait for next update." in the reader view. However, in the app view, the feeds do have new items every day, they are in fact perfectly up to date, so there is a problem with the reader view. This concerns mainly feeds from http://arxiv.org/rss/** where ** is eg. math.RT or hep-th etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Indeed, it looks to work better now, but not all feeds behave the same. A few that I know for sure had and have new items give "Looks like no new articles have been published in the last few months. Please wait for next update."

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same problem yesterday for about 30 min. Today again no unread items.

• Charlie Loves Cooking commented  · 

In every feed options, URL is "undefined". Then the feeds are empty. Troubles connecting to database ?

• Anonatnight commented  · 

+1 Same here as well. Seems Netvibes has jumped the shark in recent years since its glory days 2005-08. Whenever there's a problem it takes them ages to even respond to. In comparison, inoreader or feedly they acknowledge there's a problem and work on it quickly. Why would anyone pay for this service?

• Corse sauvage commented  · 

Same thing for me since two weeks with various texts applied at the feed's place:
        - Looks like no new articles have been published in the last few months. Please wait for next update
        - Generating feed
        - etc...

Could we get a feedback for this problem, please ? It is lasting for a long while...

Feedback and Knowledge Base