I suggest you ...

Bring back the old Facebook app

This morning when I logged in, the Facebook app has received an "upgrade." All it shows me is my own timeline, which I think is rather pointless. I use Facebook to see what others post, not what I posted. Please bring back the ability to see my Facebook news feed through this app!

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Katie Erickson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Me too. I want to see my news stream -- not my own postings.

• Stuart commented  · 

Facebook app is now completely pointless. I know what I posted - it is other peoples posts that I want to keep up to date with.

It seems it is FB that has changed that prevents this being possible - if so how else is anyone supposed to keep up to date with what their friends say without directly visiting FB? But if this is true, why does my phone still work and other apps still work if FB has removed this capability?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have the same problem!!!
        very bad update!!
        It was great to see the posts of my friends!
        now i see nothing :-)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hear! Hear! Why on earth would I want to follow my own posts?

• Anonymous commented  · 

When I installed the new Facebook feed, it was showing all of my own stuff. I thought that was incorrect, so I re installed it, and now it doesn't show anything at all. It just says "No Results". Can you either fix the new one, or bring back the old one?

• Amy commented  · 

AGREED! I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this problem. Totally pointless to look at my own FB page, what I want is my newsfeed (the old way).

• Steve commented  · 

Is Netvibes doing anything about this with Facebook??? It's been a huge appeal to have both FB and Twitter on my home page. Please help.

• Mike commented  · 

+1 The Facebook app is pretty much useless as it is now. Such a shame if FB prevented the old one from working.

• Anonymous commented  · 

In their blog they said, "[04/30 update]
        3. Facebook app: Facebook no longer allows us to retrieve your News Feed."

What the heck? Why? Facebook isn't allowing it?

Please please fix this. Do whatever Facebook says you have to do, or go back to the old app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The new Facebook widget is totally useless! FIX IT!

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base