General

1. "Mark all as read" doesn´t work correct

Since the last update of the web front end the function "action", "mark all as read" doesn´t work correct. On mouse click, the "action" menue is opening, moveing the mouse down to the new items, the menue suddenly disappears with no chance to click on "mark all as read". Several attempts are neccesary to get it clicked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Site: Hitting next ( or 'n') in the feed viewer should bring the next article to the top

In the old viewer, when you hit n to advance to the next article, it brought the next article to the top of the page. The new viewer anchors the now current article to the bottom of the page so i'm constantly looking down. Please change it back!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New site : Where are the direct access buttons to see the full articles ?

About the new site.
    Where are the direct access buttons to see the full articles ?
    We have to click twice, this is worse than before.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitter feed shows 500 un-read tweets each time I log in

I added a Twitter widget to my dashboard. Each time I log into Netvibes, the feed shows 500 unread tweets regardless of the actual number of new tweets since I last marked it all as read.

I wouldn't care if it were just on the Twitter widget but this also affects the total unread messages number shown in the dashboard thumbnail, making it hard to get an idea of the real number of unread lines in the dashboard.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What happen with wide text?

Hi Netvibes team, I use to love your app, was the best option after google closed his rss reader. I tried with 8 different readers before to find you, but finally you appear and all was fine.
    But now you try to look like Feedly, now you have narrow text, big fonts and many visual option that are very good looking.
    But I like to read, and I like wide text and small or medium fonts, thats the reason because I choose you. Now with this changes you push me to find other options with all the problems that this…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Your new reader does not work on IE8

After getting the msg to upgrade to the new reader, it doesn't work anymore. My machine is locked down so cannot upgrade to another browsers

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0; MS-RTC LM 8; InfoPath.2)
    Timestamp: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 20:36:54 UTC

Line: 0
    Char: 0
    Code: 0
    URI: http://cdn.netvibes.com/js/c/Netvibes.js?v=1733

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Olympic Medal Count Widget

The Sochi site has a widget for medal count:
    <iframe width='240' height='260' src='http://www.sochi2014.com/en/widgets/standings?rows=5&#39; frameborder='0'></iframe>

HOWEVER, even tho pasting it into 'add' brings it on the apps dropdown screen, I cannot find a way to get it to post on my page. What am I missing? How can it be posted on my homepage?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Articles I stroll past should be marked as "read."

I shouldn't have to stop on every single article that I don't care about so that NetVibes can mark it as read. This ruins the greatest feature of NetVibes (of the past). I have the same articles showing up over and over and over and over because NetVibes can't figure out that I've scrolled by them because I don't care about them. And I don't have time or inclination to actually pause on each and every article so it can catch up. It used to do this perfectly.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've added a tab which is loading a website automatically. I can't delete the tab as it loads too quickly! Anyone else had this ?

I've added a tab which loads a website automatically. I can't delete the tab as it loads the site too quickly! Anyone else had this ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow me the right to choose the interval when Bloglines should update my feeds.

I would like Bloglines to give me to option to choose the update interval of my feeds. For e.g. once every hour or once every 30 minutes or once every day ... etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Format blockquotes to distinguish from regular text

I read blog posts and other material that uses blockquotes (usually indented material quoted from other sources) extensively. Your reader does not distinguish blockquotes from the other material, which makes following the argument -- they said this, I think that -- difficult. I have to leave your reader to see that structure. Too bad.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Reader is missing option to open/embed content directly from website

The RSS reader used to have an option to open articles directly (within a frame) on the website but the new changes have removed this option?

Note this is different to the "Open directly on the site" option which simply pops a whole new window. The previous option would still show the reader but instead of showing the RSS feed summary it would frame the original site article within the Reader.

Some feeds have a comprehensive article with images and the full text. No problem here. However, other feeds only show a partial or introductory text to the article, worse…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow zoom on pages. I use the apps view and now cannot read my page on mobile devices anymore.

Allow zoom on pages. I use the apps view and now cannot read my page on mobile devices anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't mark first article as read when clicking on feed name

Until today (Feb 5 2014), clicking on a feed name (with "Only unread" on) would show the first unread article, but it would stay unread until you clicked on the article or moved on to the next article. Now, that first article is marked read just by clicking on the feed name.

I preferred the old behaviour. Sometimes I just want to see the title of the new article, and decide to read it later. I don't want to have to click "keep unread" to do that.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Could you make a hotkey that open the oldest feed.

It'll be convenient if I could move to the oldest feed by one click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Missed and repeated articles

The netvibes is quite good.
    I check it almost everyday for update of articles from various sources.
    But I found that for some sources, there is always information missing--only newest 100 artilces are shown, not all unreaded. While for some other sources, a lot of articles are appeared again even though I already read them.
    So it would be very appreciable if you can solve this problem. I just want unreaded article and read one could be clearly distinguished. No repeated and no missed.
    However, maybe it is responsibility of sources or publishers, rather than you.
    If so, please just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Two things...

There are two things I dislike since this new update. (I've been using Feedspot since then, but I'm hoping you can improve.)

1 - The keyboard shortcut N advances to the next unread item, but it appears at the bottom of the page. I like the way it used to be, appearing at the top of the page.

2 - If the article has a big image (like a webcomic. I subscribe to a lot of webcomics) it's cropped, rather than resized. How about an option to have it resized or cropped? Options are always good.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories