Named entities or related terms are examples of typed information that can be found by applying linguistic tools to a corpus of sources. This typed information can be used to further categorize articles, enrich Netvibes faceted exploration.
Named entities are words or phrases matching three types of specific data:
• proper nouns (for example, people, places, organizations, events),
* most salient terms can then be displayed and used to refine search query
For example, some commonly used named entities include:
• People: Barack Obama, Madonna
• Locations: Paris, Trafalgar Square, Czech Republic
• Events: 2012 Olympic Games